At this week's Summer Jam Festival, Chef Dava Melton of Blessed to Cook ran cooking demos and food tastings all market long. We're sharing her seasonal, healthy, mouth watering recipes below...
Splash of milk, optional
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 cup of assorted veggies, chopped (today we used- cooking greens, corn, tomatoes, squash & garlic)
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat & sauté chopped veggies for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, add milk, salt & pepper. Whisk till combined
- Add the eggs to the vegetables & hot pan. Allow the eggs to set up a bit & then push the eggs to
the center, careful to not over mix.
- Once the eggs are well set, flip! Cook about 30 more seconds.
- Turn eggs onto a plate top with cheese & enjoy!
- Additional toppings- breakfast meat, sliced, avocado, hot sauce, salad greens, salsa & sour
cream, mushroom, corn tortillas.... and... and..... ideas are endless
Grilled Jam & Goat Cheese Sandwhich
2 pieces whole wheat bread
2 tablespoons goat cheese
2 tablespoons berry jam (jalapeños strawberry jam would be amazing)
1 cup spinach sautéed in garlic
2 tablespoons butter
- Assemble your sandwich by spreading jam on one side and goat cheese on the other, top the
goat cheese with spinach & close to make a sandwich.
- Heat your butter in a pan & grill your sandwich as you would a grilled cheese.
- Allow the sandwich to rest for a bit before slicing.
- Additional ingredient suggestions- crispy bacon- caramelized onions- roasted garlic-arugula