ASSISTANT MARKET MANAGER
WATM seeks a hardworking self-starter with attention to detail and creativity for moving our market forward.
This is a part-time position during the market season for about 8-10 hours per week, and supervised by the WATM Executive Director.
WATM intends to pay a living wage based on applicant experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Attend the WATM each week of the season, responsibilities include:
>> Setup and break down of the market, including tents, tables, signs, etc.
>> Schedule, organize or lead weekly programs for the 'Kids Tent'
>> Operate the EBT/Credit Card machine and sell WATM merchandise
>> Provide excellent customer service to the WATM customers
>> Communicate to the Market Director any issues or problems that arise
>> Check to see that vendors comply with the market bylaws and rules
>> Help to manage interns and volunteers
● Help to facilitate 4-6 special events each market season, including market suppers, festivals, and collaborations with local businesses to raise awareness about the market and its mission.
● Help to find and manage market sponsors for the 2018 season. Track sponsor benefit fulfillment and sponsor relations.
● Respond to market-related emails and phone calls during the week.
● Promote the market by fliering for special events, posting on social media, and contributing to the WATM newsletter & blog
● Attend bi-annual board meetings and keep notes as the board discusses market issues, events, plans for growth etc.
Qualifications for the Assistant Market Manager Position
>> Applicant should:
Be self-motivated, reliable, and available to attend Tuesday markets without conflict
Feel comfortable communicating with a variety of people
Provide excellent customer service, and have strong problem-solving skills
Hold a strong interest in community outreach, grassroots marketing, and feel passionate about improving the local food system
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills for writing market content and corresponding with market sponsors and partners
>> Experience preferred
Retail sales or customer service
Digital marketing, promotions, or outreach
Working with youth or leading activities
Knowledge of the local food system
>> Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> This announcement closes February 21 and we intend to fill the position by mid-March