WATM seeks a hardworking self-starter with attention to detail and creativity in moving our market forward. This is a year-round, part-time, position varying seasonally from 10 to 20 hours per week and supervised by the WATM Board of Directors. WATM intends to pay a living wage based on applicant experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> Application deadline is March 31, 2022 <<
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
● Attend the Market each week of the season to:
Assist with the placement of the vendors and other market participants.
Check to see that vendors comply with the market bylaws and rules.
Oversee the setup and breakdown of the market lot.
Operate the EBT/CC token program and track numbers for records
Manage interns and volunteers.
Provide excellent customer service to all market customers
Uphold a healthy and respectful relationship with our hosts, Grace Baptist Church and The Canterbury Classical School
Solve any problems that might come up with the assistance of the Board
● Coordinate each market, which includes sending a weekly email to vendors and market participants to announce the week’s layout and updates
● Schedule and run bi-annual board meetings to review budget, planning, and market rules
● Manage the budget in tandem with the Treasurer. Cut token reimbursement checks every other week
● Organize and review vendor applications with the membership committee continually throughout the year
● Promote the market through the weekly newsletter and post several times on all social media platforms, (Instagram, Facebook, etc)
● Recruit sponsors and make sure they are receiving their sponsorship benefits
● Plan and facilitate special events and fundraisers, including scheduling community partners, sponsors, and kids tent activities
● Hire and manage assistants, interns, and volunteers
● Respond to all emails and phone calls during the week promptly
● Manage and maintain market storage; organize items and ensure in working order
● Graphic design experience capabilities are desired but not required